Big Reputation

The Old Taylor Is Dead?

              For anyone who doesn't know me, I am the biggest Taylor Swift fan... ever. I buy all of the albums the first day and they've never disappointed once. Her music never gets old. No matter your opinion on her, everyone knows the lyrics to songs such as Our Song, You Belong with Me, and Fearless. And if you don't; that's a big fat lie. She's such an inspiration. She worked so hard to get where she is today; one of the biggest stars in the world. 
From the 1989 World Tour (Metlife night 2) 
              My first Taylor Swift concert was about three years ago; at the peak of her career: 1989. I honestly never had more fun in my entire life. I got to dance the night away with my two sisters to our favorite music. 1989 was our go-to sister dance party album. My oldest sister, Mariah, an artist, made my little sister and I the most amazing costumes. We received so many sweet compliments. The night couldn't have gotten better (with the exception of if we were picked for the loft room.. sadly we were not). I couldn't believe my idol for so many years was right there, in the very same place as I. The moment she came out on the stage, I cried. It was a dream come true and I was so grateful my parents bought us these tickets. From her very first song to the very last, it was just fantastic. It would be a moment I would want to relive forever. At the end of the night everyone was in agreement: it was one of the best concerts we have ever been to and no one puts on a performance like Taylor Swift. 
1989 Tour Outfit at Reputation World Tour
(Gillet Stadium Night Two)
Reputation World Tour (Metlife Night One)
            Fast forward about 2 years later. Taylor Swift's been on a break. After all of her drama, her careers been on a hiatus to help her heal herself. I'm not going to lie, I was afraid that she might not come back to music altogether. All of a sudden, her social media accounts were drained. Everything. Soon pictures that became known as the snake were released. Isabella, my younger sister, and I were filled with joy. It was time for Reputation to be released. No one was prepared for the shock. Look What You Made Me Do was released at midnight and soon the video followed. Both, exceeded the expectations, which Swift has continued to do. The second we heard the song, we knew that we had to go to this tour. I bought 3 albums the day it came out. The actual album, plus the two albums that came along with the magazines (I had purchased both). And everyone listened to it that night. Again like always, Taylor Swift doesn't disappoint. (Getaway Car was my favorite off of the album and probs my favorite song by anyone ever). My parents bought tickets for her tour everyone for Christmas; my mom, my sisters, my niece, and of course me as well. 
Metlife (Night one) Outfit
Reputation World Tour (Gillet Stadium
Night Two)
          Our tickets weren't until the summer. I was excited but 1989 was just... fantastic. I wasn't sure if the Reputation World Tour could top it. My little sister had even more doubts than I. Oh how were we wrong. I wore my old 1989 t-shirt I bought at the Taylor Swift Expedition back in 2016 and a "tight little skirt". To top it off I wore my old Taylor Swift Keds. While we didn't have fancy costumes the first round, I still felt so pretty. The openers were super fun (Charli XCX and Camilla Cabello). Especially since my four year old niece was obsessed with Havana (Camilla's most popular single). Before she came out, Tay's playlist consisted of songs such Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation" and Mariah Carey's "Obsessed". Honestly, it was iconic and extremely clever. 
          After Jett's "Bad Reputation", the lights went dark and that could mean one thing. Taylor was taking the stage. She started her concert with "...Ready For It?"; was there any song that could begin the set better than that? Everything was amazing and then.... came a mashup no one was ready for-Style, Love Story and You Belong with Me (in their original country renditions). It was nothing like we have ever heard before. That moment right there changed the game completely. I was losing my mind. I couldn't believe it! She really did that. 

The stage right a few minutes before
she came out 
          Taylor floated to the B stage while singing Delicate and our bracelets gleamed. (It's always what makes Taylor Swift concerts look so beautiful). She brought back Camilla and Charli to sing Shake It Off while there were rainbows everywhere. (I was too busy dancing up a storm to snag a picture). My niece was freaking out that she brought back "Havana" girl to sing one of her favorite songs. And just to top it off, my sisters and I wanted her to sing "Welcome to New York" so badly. It was a song so dear to our hearts because we, too, loved New York the way Taylor does. And how could she not on the first night while in New York? (basically). And Taylor just has a way of blessing the night and she did sing it! My sisters and I looked at each other and belted the words out. It was one of the most magical moments ever. It really couldn't get any better. 
The B stage while performing
         And soon another surprise mashup blessed our souls: "Bad Blood" and "Should've Said No". It was unlike anything else. 1989 had old music and a great mashup (who could forget that wildest dreams and enchanted mashup-iconic). But it was unlike anything that was being performed here at the Reputation tour. Along with "New Year's Day", Swift added "Long Live" (and the night after ours, she sang clean since it was pouring rain). After all of the surprises, the video that came along Getaway Car (the song I looked forward to most) was so beautiful and had such Beyonce Lemonade vibes. My whole family knows I love this song, so we just screamed along the words and held hands. She did the song such justice. It was just... magical.
Isabella and I before Metlife
Night One
        Taylor ended the concert with "This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" (with a hint of "We are Never Getting Back Together"!). I was surprised, but after some thought I realized there was no better way to end it. It was super fun but still shady (we love a snake sister). After Taylor and her dancers left the stage, the screen was left with one saying "In the death of her reputation, she felt truly alive". It gave me goosebumps. Taylor was not dead. She couldn't be more alive if she tried! Leaving the concert I was in awe. Reputation had blown 1989 away. They weren't even in the same category. There were so many surprises and twists. Nothing could have prepared you better. Even the confetti were newspapers with Taylor Swift written all over (one literally flew into my hand-it was real Taylor Swift Magic). It was another night I wish I could relive.
        My dad had bought two extra tickets for the next weekend. So my little sister and I decided to drive from New York City to Massachusetts (and back) in a day so we could see it a second time. The drive was very long and tiring but worth it 100%. Unlike Metlife however, we had never been to Gillet Stadium and had no idea where anything was, or that it didn't have stadium parking. It was a wild trip. And instead of rewearing our outfits from the week before, Isabella and I dug up the old 1989 costumes from the back of our closet. I mean how many chances do you really have to wear them?
        Even though we knew the setlist this time around and there really weren't many surprises (with the exception of the surprise song of the night), it was still just as magical and fun as the first night. I was so so grateful that I was able to see it once, let alone a second time. I got to relive one of the best nights of my life, one I'll forever remember. And like she's said before, there's nothing Taylor Swift does "Better Than Revenge". 
                                                      xoxo, Fi Love


Comments